LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR FACILITY RENTALS
Commercial general liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence will be required for all groups serving alcohol at the following facilities:
- Community Hall
- Creekside Park Building
- Quinlan Community Center
A certificate of commercial general liability insurance is required for all rentals that serve alcohol and for all dances. The renter must bring proof of insurance from their insurance company for one million dollars per occurrence. The City of Cupertino must be named as additionally insured. This is a separate endorsement. The certificate of insurance and endorsement must be submitted 30 days prior to the rental date. Reservations will not be confirmed without proof of insurance.
A certificate of liability insurance can be issued by the renter's homeowner's or other insurance carrier. In order for the certificate to be valid, it must contain the following:
- The renter's name must be listed as the one "insured".
- The policy must not expire before the event date.
- The policy must be for $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- The policy must have "host liquor liability", if serving alcohol.
- The "description" must list the rental location, date of the event, and the type of event that will take place.
- City of Cupertino, Its Officers, Officials & Employees, 10300 Torre Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014, Attn: Parks & Recreation/Facilities, must be listed as "additional insured" on both the certificate of insurance and on the additional insured endorsement. Please see Liability Insurance Requirements for specific wording.
Please submit the Liability Insurance Requirements page to your insurance carrier, along with the above information. This will assist them in writing your policy.
Rental reservations where alcohol will be served cannot be accepted with less than 30 days notice in order to accommodate this requirement.
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.