The State of the City address is an annual event hosted by the City of Cupertino, Rotary Club of Cupertino, and Cupertino Chamber of Commerce. The event includes a presentation by the Mayor of Cupertino bringing residents, public agencies, City staff, and civic leaders together to reflect on City accomplishments from the past year and to review plans for the future. The afternoon includes a review of City departmental activities, citizen and agency honors and an opportunity for the Mayor to present his or her own vision for the upcoming year.
This event will be taking place March 1 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
in the Cupertino Room at the Quinlan Community Center
. The event is open to the public and everyone is welcome. Lunch tickets are available for purchase at http://bit.ly/SOC2017
There will be limited seats available for attendees who would like to attend the event without purchasing a lunch ticket.
- 11:15 a.m.: Guest Registration – Doors Open
- 12:00 p.m. Rotary President, Judy Wilson, will provide an introduction to the event and a brief history of the Rotary Club of Cupertino and its accomplishments in the past year.
- 12:15 p.m.: Cupertino Chamber of Commerce President Keith Warner will discuss The Chamber of Commerce’s role in the community. He will also discuss the accomplishments of the Chamber of Commerce in the past year and upcoming events. He will announce the STAR (Service, Teamwork, Achievement, and Recognition) Award recipients who will be recognized at the STAR Awards banquet Saturday, March 19.
- 12:25 p.m.: Introduction of dignitaries present.
- 12: 30 p.m.: Fire Department’s Public Safety Officer of the Year and Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office Public Safety Officer of the Year receive their awards
- 12: 40 p.m.: Mayor Savita Vaidhyanathan provides State of the City Address.
- 1:30 p.m.: Meeting Adjourned.
Last updated: 2/24/2017 9:48:52 AM