Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival
4/5/2014 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
2014 6th Annual Earth Day & Arbor Day Celebration
Saturday, April 5 from 11 am - 3 pm, Civic Center Plaza
Please join us for a day of celebration, education, and action to grow a sustainable community. Download the Event Flyer.
The City of Cupertino will host its 6th Annual Earth Day & Arbor Day Festival on Saturday, April 5th from 11 am – 3 pm at City Hall Plaza, next to Cupertino Library. Visit our interactive Festival, which promises fun-filled hands-on activities for residents of all ages. Nearly 7,500 members of our community will come together to protect our environment at this day of learning, creating, sharing, and inspiration.
The event will showcase the ABCs and 123s of growing greener for the greater good: from learning how to compost, to understanding more about solar technologies, to planting a native garden; there’ll be something for everyone! We’ll have over one hundred environmental organizations, businesses, and City services here to help you satisfy your eco-curiosity. Families, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and students are all invited to explore the many programs offered by the City of Cupertino and its environmental partners to create a healthy, safe and environmentally vibrant community for you to live, learn, work and play.
YOU can help protect our planet by joining these fun, hands-on activities:
- Grab lunch at our tasty food trucks
- Take an electric bike for a spin
- Peruse our sustainable marketplace
- Listen to live music and watch live performances all festival long (see list below!)
- Get creative with eco-themed crafts
- Peek under the hood of an electric car
- Make an eco-pledge at our pop-up photo booth
- Visit Hongyun Art to dazzle your arm with a 3D environmental tattoo
- Learn how to cut energy, water, waste and costs at home
- BONUS: Visit enough partner booths and win a FREE Chinook Book of green coupons and a reusable tote bag to help you shop greener
||Cupertino Symphonic Band Performance
||Fantasia Performing Arts and Tian Hong Foundation Green Earth Dance
||Event Horizon Rock Band Concert
||Shaolin Shaolin Martial Arts Demonstration
||Girl Scout Troop 60516 Saving Water "Rap"
||Kaleb Askew Acoustic Jam Session
Businesses, vendors and nonprofit organizations are encouraged to register for this event via our EventBrite page. Volunteers can sign-up for a shift here. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you on April 5th at 11 am!