City of Cupertino Employment Opportunity
Lifeguard - Blackberry Farm
The City of Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department has part-time summer program openings at Blackberry Farm.
(part-time temporary, non-benefited position, maximum 995 hours per fiscal year)
HOUS PER WEEK: 15 to 30 (approximate)
STARTING PAY RATE: $13.00
FINAL FILING DATE: Open until filled.
DEFINITION: Lifeguards are responsible for the safety and well-being of patrons at the pool. The position requires problem solving skills, excellent customer service, and the ability to work well with a team. This is a non-benefited, part-time position. This is a non-benefited, part-time position.
* Maintains constant and active surveillance of patrons in the facility
* Acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
* Follows Emergency Action Plan in the event of an emergency
* Provides emergency care/treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
* Presents a professional appearance and attitude at all times
* Maintains a high level of customer service
* Performs various maintenance and cleaning duties as directed
* Fills out and files all required paperwork in a timely manner
* Attends bi-weekly trainings and staff meetings as scheduled
* This is a seasonal (May-September) position
* Must possess current Red Cross certificates: Lifeguard, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR be able to attend, and pass, a certification class at Blackberry Farm April 10-14 or May 22-26.
* Must be a minimum of 16 years old
* Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
* Must be responsible, alert, courteous, and punctual
* Must be able to communicate with peers, supervisors, and patrons
* Must be available to work weekends and evenings
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from work
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online via CalOpps. Hardcopy application forms will also be accepted, and must be typewritten or handwritten in black ink. Application forms may be picked up at and returned to the following offices:
Cupertino Parks and Recreation Department
10185 N. Stelling Road
Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino City Hall
Human Resources Division
10300 Torre Avenue
Cupertino, CA 95014
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Applicants will be screened by: A) a review of their written application; B) an oral interview/assessment; C) state law requires that if your position will bring you into contact with minors (i.e., those under 18), you must complete a fingerprint criminal history records check; and D) successful applicants will need to show proof of a current T.B. test.
The City of Cupertino is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and physical or mental disability. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Cupertino Human Resources upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Online Now