City of Cupertino Employment Opportunity
Recreation and Community Services Department, 10185 N. Stelling Rd., Cupertino, CA (408) 777-3120
Human Resources, 10300 Torre Ave., Cupertino, CA (408) 777-3227
Customer Service Attendant - Blackberry Farm
The City of Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department has summer program openings at Blackberry Farm.
POSITION: Customer Service Attendant
(part-time seasonal, non-benefited position, maximum 995 hours per fiscal year)
HOURS PER WEEK: 15 to 30 (approximate)
STARTING PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
FINAL FILING DATE: Open until filled.
DEFINITION: Customer Service Attendants' responsibilities are divided between facilitating pool admission, operating the Blackberry Farm cafe, and maintaining the cleanliness of park and cafe‚ grounds. The position emphasizes customer service, problem-solving, and a strong sense of teamwork. This is a non-benefited, part-time position limited to no more than 995 hours per fiscal year.
* Sells pool wristbands and food items by operating a Point of Sale register system
* Provides outstanding customer service to Blackberry Farm guests
* Answers phones and performs various clerical duties
* Is responsible for general park cleanliness, maintenance, and rule enforcement
* Prepares, cooks, and serves food according to California Food Safety standards
* Cleans and sanitizes cafe‚ area at the end of each day
* Attends bi-weekly trainings and staff meetings as scheduled
* Other duties as assigned
* This is a seasonal (May-September) position
* Must be at least 16 years old
* Must successfully take ServSafe(R) Food Handler course prior to start date
* Must be responsible, motivated, courteous, and punctual
* Must be able to communicate with peers, supervisors, and patrons
* Must be available to work weekends and evenings
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from work
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online via CalOpps. Hardcopy application forms will also be accepted, and must be typewritten or handwritten in black ink. Application forms may be picked up at and returned to the following offices:
Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department
10185 N. Stelling Road
Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino City Hall
Human Resources Division
10300 Torre Avenue
Cupertino, CA 95014
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Applicants will be screened by: A) a review of their written application; B) an oral interview/assessment; C) state law requires that if your position will bring you into contact with minors (i.e., those under 18), you must complete a fingerprint criminal history records check; and D) successful applicants will need to show proof of a current T.B. test.
The City of Cupertino is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and physical or mental disability. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Cupertino Human Resources upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply Online Now