City of Cupertino Summer Employment Opportunity
Blackberry Farm: Assistant Park Manager PROMOTIONAL ONLY
Promotional Only - open to current City of Cupertino employees in good standing only.
The City of Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department has summer job opportunities at Blackberry Farm for current internal City of Cupertino employees in good standing.
POSITION: Assistant Park Manager (approximately 25 to 35 hours per week)
STARTING PAY RATE: $15.00
DEFINITION: Assistant Park Managers assist with the supervision of the Customer Service Attendants and the picnic/cafe facilities. The position requires familiarity with Blackberry Farm cash handling procedures, efficiency in CLASS, knowledge of proper food handling practices, exceptional customer service, and the ability to lead a team. This is a non-benefited, part-time position limited to no more than 995 hours per fiscal year.
- Assists Park Managers with daily tasks such as taking picnic site reservations, managing team of Customer Service Attendants, dealing with customer service issues, and maintaining a clean and safe facility
- Prepares daily deposits and financial reports
- Helps plan and lead bi-weekly trainings and staff meetings as scheduled
- Manages all birthday party and catering packages
- Helps with the execution of a variety of special events including 4th of July
- Sets a good example by presenting a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintains a high level of customer service
- This is a seasonal (May-September) position
- Must possess current Red Cross CPR/First Aid certifications
- Must successfully complete ServSafe online food safety course prior to start date
- Must have at least 2 seasons (or 300 hours) of recent paid customer service/food service experience, and one year (30 semester units) of college coursework
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be responsible, alert, courteous, and punctual
- Must be able to communicate with peers, supervisors, and patrons
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from work
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online via CalOpps. Hardcopy application forms will also be accepted, and must be typewritten or handwritten in black ink.
Application forms may be picked up at and returned to the following offices:
Cupertino Recreation and Community Services Department, 10185 N. Stelling Road, Cupertino, CA 95014
Cupertino City Hall, Human Resources, 10300 Torre Avenue, Cupertino, CA 95014
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Applicants will be screened by: A) a review of their written application; B) an oral interview/assessment; C) state law requires that if your position will bring you into contact with minors (i.e., those under 18), you must complete a fingerprint criminal history records check; and D) successful applicants will need to show proof of a current T.B. test.
The City of Cupertino is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person's race, religion, color, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and physical or mental disability. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Cupertino Human Resources upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER