City of Cupertino Employment Opportunity
Cupertino Senior Center, 21251 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, CA (408) 777-3120
Human Resources, 10300 Torre Ave., Cupertino, CA (408) 777-3227
Staff Assistant / Case Manager Assistant
Cupertino Senior Center
Part-Time, Temporary, Non-Benefited position, maximum 995 hours per fiscal year
POSITION: Staff Assistant
(Part-Time, Temporary, Non-Benefited position, maximum 995 hours per fiscal year)
HOURS PER WEEK: 10-13 hours (approximate)
SALARY RANGE: $17.00 per hour
FINAL FILING DATE: Open Until Filled
THE POSITION: The City of Cupertino Senior Center has an opening for a Staff Assistant / Case Manager Assistant. Under supervision, the Staff Assistant plans, promotes, organizes, and supervises recreational activities for adults 50+ classes and events. Performs varied clerical functions while assisting the Case Managers in facilitating the implementation of care plans. General office duties include copying, statistics gathering, phone call, program surveys, and other duties as assigned. Staff Assistant / Case Manager Assistant will be responsible for the data entry of all current clients into new case management software system. The Staff Assistant / Case Manager Assistant may supervise Volunteers and ensures that the assigned program meets the needs and interests of the participants while also maintaining good relations with all staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting, coordinating, and implementing senior center activities
- Preparing volunteer schedules
- Interacting with customers and Case Managers
- Preparing statistical reports
- Assisting with training sessions
- Coordinating special events
- Implementing program surveys
- Developing and creating fliers and other publicity materials
- Ordering and gathering supplies
- Providing general office assistance to the Case Managers
- Other duties as assigned
- The Staff Assistant must have knowledge of basic principles of excellent customer service, case management practices for Seniors, and software applications.
- Word processing, data entry, and spreadsheet experience is essential.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin desired.
- The Staff Assistant must have the ability to be self-directed and communicate professionally and effectively with case management managers, vendors, and customers.
- Accurate typing and computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and databases are essential.
- The ability to write clear and accurate statistical reports is essential.
- The Staff Assistant must be able to manage time effectively, show work initiative, work independently, and demonstrate knowledge of case management activities for the 50+ adults.
Experience and Education:
- Must have a high school diploma/GED and 1,000 HOURS of related work experience.
- College-level courses in Recreation are desirable.
Licenses and Certifications:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license. Current CPR and First Aid certification. Must be CPR and First Aid certified within two months of employment. If you are offered a position with the Recreation and Community Services Department, CPR and First Aid certification is required. You may take these courses through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association at your own expense. Please check with the American Red Cross or American Heart Association for their current CPR and First Aid class schedule.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Applicants must complete an official City of Cupertino application and supplemental application and return it to Human Resources or apply online at www.calopps.org. Final Fiing Date: Open until filled. Applications will be screened according to the qualifications outlined in this job announcement. Applicants possessing the most desirable qualifications will be invited to continue in the selection process, which may include a written examination and/or panel interview. The City of Cupertino is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of a person’s race, religion, color, sex (including gender and pregnancy), sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and physical or mental disability. Candidates with a disability, which may require special assistance in any phase of the application or testing process, should advise City of Cupertino Human Resources upon submittal of application. Documentation of the need for accommodation must accompany the request.